After another busy weekend, life's adventures are proving to be more than I could have ever imagined; I couldn't be more thrilled about the direction life is taking. And I'm grateful for those family and friends, old and new, for making things all that much sweeter.
One of my favorite fashion tips is to shop in the "off" season; it can be quite beneficial to your pocketbook to purchase items that aren't currently in high demand. Right now, I have my sights set on finding the perfect (and fashionable) pair of wellies. And although the weather has been beautiful in San Francisco, I can't take it for granted; it can quickly change to something less desirable. Plus, who needs the added stress of possibly ruining a pair of fabulous shoes? Living in the city for 4 years now, it's a wonder how I've gotten by this long without wellies, but I've just never had luck finding a cute pair that compliment my wardrobe. That is until I found this website. Now my only problem is to narrow down to just color? I'm leaning towards this pair, this pair or this pair.
Nothing about this weekend went according to plan, but that’s what made every second of it so much better. From late night outings to exploring the mountains of Woodside to sunning in the park with Ziggy each unexpected moment made for quite the memorable weekend.
1. The performance of a lifetime from the Sexitudes.
2. Wine tasting with my mom enjoying the phenomenal views.
3. Reading magazines and relaxing at the park with Ziggy.
What more can I say?! Ziggy is finally HOME! For the last few weeks, Ziggy has been quite ill and I have my mom to thank for nursing him back to health. The good news is he's on the mend and hopefully for good this time. Little Ziggy is my family and to me, there's nothing more important.
1. Ziggy and I spent the afternoon at Crissy Field running and in the grass
2. Talking clouds with my dad over a drink at the Cantina (I had the Bee's Knees #3 while my dad had a Laughing Buddha – amaze!)
3. The Hoyt’s at San Francisco’s 2012 Aids Walk with my office – a new fun tradition.
Missoni dress//Dolce Vita shoes//JCrew handbag//DVF sunglasses//Julie Collection bracelets
It's hard to believe just one week ago I was in Napa with my mom and Ziggy enjoying the warm weather and wine tasting. It was a lovely, relaxing way to spend the 4th of July, but that random midweek break threw me for a loop. I'm ready for another. Now.
Typically, I wear dark nail polish in the Winter or Fall, but lately I'm loving how the contrast between a shiny, black manicure with light, feminine fabrics are breathing new life into some of my Summer favorites currently on rotation.
The weekend was truly balanced; equal parts busy & relaxing. A Friday evening at home reading a book, cuddling with Ziggy was the perfect end to a rather crazy week at work. Things picked up on Saturday at an evening wedding of a dear friend. And with Sunday's muggy weather, my mom and I decided it was perfect day for a movie - Magic Mike. Her choice.
1. The Letter by Marie Tillman - impossible to get through without tears, but a beautiful store of true love.
2. Witnessing the wedding of two souls meant for one another. You could feel the love in the air.