Friday, December 31, 2010
Thursday, December 30, 2010
What can I say? I'm a Banana Slug for life :)
Wednesday, December 29, 2010
With the out of control basil plant currently growing in my tiny apartment and the funny emails inquiring about the plant in this picture, I knew I had to find another use for all this basil besides just my pasta - add olive oitl, fresh basil, goat cheese and pine nuts (yum!). I found a basil facial mask easy to make with ingredients found in most kitchens. It was nice to take a moment, place some cucumbers over my eyes and relax to the sweet smell of orange blossom - one of six votives from Jo Malone, a holiday gift favorite.
You will need:
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- Basil has antiseptic properties along with a relaxing aroma
- Avocado hydrates the skin
- Honey locks in moisture
Blend ingredients until smooth and apply facial mask on clean skin for 20-30 minute. Rinse with tepid water and enjoy the results!
Tuesday, December 28, 2010
Monday, December 27, 2010
From the beach to the country, these last few very special days have just flown by, which I can't wait to share. For now, I am just going to cozy up with my favorite pup and these fuzzy mary jane slippers from my grandma - she's so cute!
Friday, December 24, 2010
Thursday, December 23, 2010
Seems every which way I turn, floor grazing skirts keep catching my eye. I wish I could transport myself back to when I was 12 where I had a sheer, white maxi similar to this - in which I paired with white black polka dot leggings (yeah, that's right!). Now I am on the hunt for the adult version to wear. Here are some of my favorites.
2. Acne 'Nelli Long' pleat skirt, 285 GBP
3. RICHARD NICOLL - LONG WOOL FLANNEL SKIRT, 547 EUR
4. Richard Nicoll Silk-satin and tulle maxi skirt, $330
5. LNA Long column skirt, 80 GBP
6. Ashish Sequined silk maxi skirt, $861
7. James Perse Stretch French terry maxi skirt, $175
8. L'Agence Velvet maxi skirt, $395
9. Donna Karan Hammered-satin maxi skirt, $1,595
Wednesday, December 22, 2010
- 1 medium jicama (about 1lb)
- 2 small cucumbers
- 3 medium mangos
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped cilantro leaves + sprigs, for garnish
- 2 tsp powdered dried chili
- 2 limes, juiced
- Serves about 6
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Monday, December 20, 2010
And then, I found these.....
I'm a happy girl :)
Friday, December 17, 2010
My mom discovered them while perusing the sales one Sunday. When she spotted them on sale at Cost Plus World Market, she knew they would be the perfect addition to my tiny kitchen area. They come in a variety of colors and fabrics and ergonomically ideal for those long nights with big deadlines - Yes, they are that comfortable! Combined with my stainless steel table these chairs are the perfect compliment to my eclectic city style.
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
Monday, December 13, 2010
Friday, December 10, 2010
Thursday, December 9, 2010
If you haven't heard of RichRocks yet, you surely will in the near future. RichRocks features a unique mix of classic, contemporary and fashion-forward jewelry that appeals to woman of all ages, lifestyles and backgrounds.
And it gets better...each piece is under $100! Talk about the perfect holiday gift. I have already started my RichRocks wishlist.
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Here are some of favorites I am dying to own.
Rick Owens Asymmetric leather top, $1,870
2. Maje Ampoule leather top, $485
3. The Row Gilmore Leather top, 1,025 GBP
4. Balmain Leather waistcoat with buckles, 4,205 GBP
5. Leather Shirt, $1,875
6. Maison Martin Margiela Structured Leather Gilet, 760 GBP