Sooo good. You have to indulge at least once. Trust me.
Gorgonzola & Walnut Sauce
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 5 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp, plus 2 tsp, fresh thyme; chopped
- 2 c. whipping cream
- 1/2 lb. Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 c. walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Romano or
- Parmesan cheese (about 2 oz.)
- The latest issue of InStyle magazine (optional, but highly recommended)
Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in thyme. Add cream and Gorgonzola and stir until cheese melts and sauce thickens slightly. Season with pepper. Mix in walnuts and sprinkle with Romano cheese. Serve immediately.